Here are some of Maura's initiatives and ongoing issues regarding Transportation
Better Neighborhood Transportation
- Maura supports creation of master transportation plans for city neighborhoods, to make them more efficient for public transit, pedestrians, cars and bikes. She supported West Roxburys efforts to secure funding for beautification and traffic calming on Centre Street in West Roxbury, That effort has already secured $400,000 to do an engineering study to help redesign the street, and negotiations are underway for the funds to compete the upgrade of the street.
Traffic Enforcement & Improvement
- Maura is a leading advocate of creation of a separate Traffic Enforcement Division within the BPD. This move will help focus additional resources on such issues as speeding and moving traffic violations.
- Maura supports traffic calming measures, and spearheaded creation of a Forest Hills Pedestrian Safety Task Force. The Task Force is preparing, based on community input, a series of recommended safety and transportation improvements at this critical transportation hub.
Restoring the Arborway Line
- Maura supports restoration of the Arborway Green Line, and has testified to this effect at all major hearings on the issue. She supports development of a plan suitable to the Arborway Yard site, which is a vital link in the Emerald Necklace and an important part of our community.
- She supports an excellent mass-transit system available to all, one that is environmentally friendly and that promotes a positive business climate for local merchants.
Home | Biography | Business | Education
Development | Environment | Housing | Public Health
Public Safety | Transportation || You Can Help | Endorsements
Register To Vote | Quotes | Hennigan Committee
Boston City Council
Paid for By The Committee To Elect Maura Hennigan
P.O. Box 31
West Roxbury, MA 02132